Portrush Baptist Church

Portrush Baptist Church was founded by the Baptist congregation of Portrush who have been present since the 19th Century. They met in the Evangelistic Hall on Causeway Street (now the site of apartments) and the Town Hall before buying a small Mission Hall on Causeway Street for £330 from a group called the Christian Volunteers, which had to be vacated due to frequent flooding in 1945. Between buildings, the congregation met in the Reading Room of the Town Hall and moved upstairs to the larger room during the summer months as numbers were swollen by holiday makers (a common occurrence for local churches). The congregation moved to their new modern building on Portstewart Road in 1967 as overflow of the Baptist Church in Coleraine, before deciding to become independent of the church in Coleraine in 1973.